Mr. Medaugh is a partner of Gavel & Dorn Engineering, PLLC and civil engineer with extensive experience in geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, and water and sewer pipeline construction. He adds valuable structural engineering expertise for residential construction projects. He is a versatile member of our team with experience encompassing many aspects of the civil engineering world.
He has served as the resident project representative (RPR) on multiple water and wastewater treatment plant projects where he has performed special inspections in addition to typical RPR duties. Mr. Medaugh has been involved with the design and construction of large and small diameter water and sewer pipe as well as stormwater projects including earthen dam evaluation and repair.
Mr. Medaugh has managed the construction materials testing (CMT) division of the company and been the radiological safety officer (RSO) since 2012. He has performed multiple geotechnical subsurface investigations for proposed pipelines and buildings. Mr. Medaugh also has experience with smoke testing, flow monitoring, CCTV review, CIPP lining projects, he is a NASSCO certified inspector, stormwater BMP certified and a licensed home inspector.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, UNC Charlotte, 2016
- Associates of Science Central Piedmont Community College, 2012
- Registered Engineer in North Carolina
- Licensed NC Home Inspector
- PACP, LACP and MACP Certified by NASSCO
- Stormwater BMP & Maintenance Certified
- ASI/DSI Certified by Mecklenburg County
- Gavel & Dorn Engineering, PLLC, Charlotte NC 2008 to present
- Gavel Engineering, P.A. Denver, North Carolina 2007 – 2008
- United States Marine Corps, 2003-2007